Monday, March 16, 2009

Trip log entry numero uno

So, this week I've declared myself a spring break (I've found that those in the professional world don't normally have them - this is a tragedy) and I flew to California to visit my sister. My only other previous adventure to visit her in the great state of Cali was two years ago and I flew mostly at night and didn't have a window seat.

I've found that I was seriously missing out.

The beginning of my trip wasn't very exciting because it was cloudy. And not just clouds below the plane, but clouds above too. White all around - super boring. After landing in Minneapolis the weather cleared and I boarded a plane to the Santa Ana/Orange County/John Wayne Airport. Apparently one name isn't good enough for this particular airport. It needs 3. So anyway, the second leg of my journey was much more interesting. I discovered farmers in South Dakota (at least that's where I think we were at the time) use a circular pattern in the fields, and Minnesota really does have a gazillion and a half lakes.

And the Rocky Mountains - beeeautiful! Seriously, they're gorgeous, even in the middle of March when nothing is green. I think we flew over a little of the Grand Canyon too (according to the pilot, and I'm pretty sure he knew what he was talking about. It was hard to get a good look at all the colors, but it was still pretty awesome. Seeing God's creation from the bird's eye is super neat.

That's been my journey so far. I'm fairly exhausted, since my body thinks it's 2am. I promised a friend I'd keep her updated, so that's what I'm doing. Maybe tomorrow I'll even take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment