Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Armaggedon Steak


I was having a perfectly delightful conversation with someone last night about the end of the world and it reminded me of another conversation I'd had with different person on the same topic.

We were discussing what would happen if you were caught in the middle of the end of the world and a giant meteor crashed into a field, hitting an innocent cow and thereby roasting it. Could you eat it? Would you eat it? Mind you, at this point, everyone else is running around panicking because they are pretty sure they are all going to die.

But if it's the end of the world, there's nothing you can do to stop it, right?

I'd eat the cow. Granted, I would not eat the entire thing. I simply cannot consume that much beef. But maybe in the midst of all the chaos, a fellow hater of panic would join me. And if the meat wasn't completely cooked through (since I'm not a fan of pink/red/bleeding meat), we could simply roast the not-entirely-done steaks over the meteor because meteors continue to burn (even if just a little) after plummeting into earth in all the movies - and movies never lie about important things like meteors. Over the course of history, there have been many great conversations over the roasting of meat over a nice fire. I see no reason why this would be different. I may even make a new friend.

All that being said, I've decided that I sincerely hope that if the end of the world comes during my life, that I seize the opportunity to take meteors and make meat - sort of like taking life's lemons and making them into lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment